Welcome to Week Four of the 6th Annual Addiction Day: Advancing Recovery within Addiction & Mental Health Website Discussion & Knowledge Exchange forum
This week’s discussion and knowledge exchange focuses on Recovery: The Future…and Beyond! By participating, your opinion will be incorporated into the conference’s plenary panel discussion. There are two ways to participate:
- The first is through an anonymous survey, located within this post.
- The second is by adding a reply to the bottom of this post! Let us know your views on the topic and add to the interactive discussion in the comments section!
Click the “Read More” button below to participate! The discussion topic, brief literature scan, anonymous survey, and the comments section are available within.
We would like to give special acknowledgement to the 6th Annual Addiction Day Presenters who have contributed to advancements relevant to this week’s discussion topic:
Recovery: The Future…and Beyond!
“Technology, such as the Internet and mobile devices, offers tremendous promise in the assessment, treatment, and Recovery management of psychiatric and substance use disorders. Empirically supported, technology-based therapeutic tools offer considerable potential to create entirely new models of behavioural healthcare both within and outside of formal systems of care, while greatly increasing the quality and reach of care and reducing costs”.
(Marsh & Ben-Zeev, 2012, p.259).
We would love for you to share your thoughts and opinions!
Brief Literature Scan:
(Please note this is not an exhaustive, nor preferred list of publications. Rather, it is simply introductory literature to generate discussion. Please feel free to reference publications/resources/webprofiles of your choice in the website discussion & knowledge exchange forum).
- Marsch & Ben-Zeev. (2012). Technology Based Assessments and Interventions Targeting Psychiatric and Substance Use Disorders: Innovations and Opportunities. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/15504263.2012.723308
- McTavish, Chih, Shah & Gustafson. (2012). How Patients Recovering from Alcoholism use a Smartphone Intervention. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/15504263.2012.723312
- Gustafson, Shaw, Isham, Baker, Boyle & Levy. (2011). Explicating an Evidence-Based, Theoretically Informed, Mobile Technology-Based System to Improve Outcomes fro People in Recovery for alcohol Dependence. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3179272/
- Bickel, Christensen & Marsch. (2011). A Review of Computer Based Interventions used in the Assessment, Treatment, and Research of Drug Addiction. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3092368/
- University of Wisconsin. Innovations for Recovery. http://www.innovationsforrecovery.com/Home/Home.aspx
Anonymous Opinion Survey
To participate in our survey please click the following link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SYMCC9F
Website Discussion & Knowledge Exchange Forum
We would love to hear your thoughts/reflections/suggestions regarding this week’s topic of discussion: Recovery: The Future…and Beyond!
To leave a response, add your comment at the bottom of this page. Please be aware that comments will be manually approved to help filter out spam, and there may be a short delay before they appear on the page.
We ask that all responses posted on the 6th Annual Addiction Day website are respectful of others and adhere to appropriate communication etiquette. We will be doing our outmost to filter out any spam or unwanted posts that arrive to our site.